Wednesday 13 June 2007

Giving in to temptation


Yesterday I wrote about one of my passions - trees. My guess is that a number of you agreed my views on that one.

Today, I gave in to another passion - but suspect you'll be less convinced...

I met up this morning with the nephew of an old friend of the family. He happens to live at Granville Island, in Vancouver. When I was here two years ago, Granville Island was my top priority for a visit. Was it for the famous market? No. Was it the craft shops? No. Was it the waterfront and views? No. It was...

Granville Island Model Trains Museum!

I'm sorry. I know most of you now have me cast off as a hopeless, sad member of the human race - but I have to confess that one of my passions is model railways. So when I found I had an hour to spare, I gave in to temptation, and went back to see the trains. It was a delight! :) And I found myself yet again wandering if I can somehow squeeze a layout into my small flat...

For those of you who are unimpressed - sorry - hopefully you'll find my next blog rather more erudite.
For anyone who is a fellow enthusiast - you can find out more here.

No comments: