Wednesday 22 September 2010

Unanswerable questions

The search engine "Ask Jeeves" has done a survey of the top ten "unanswerable" questions. Here they are, along with my suggested answers:

1. What is the meaning of life? To know the God who made us and loves us, and to have a right relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.
2. Is there a God? Yes! All creation points to Him (Romans 1 v 20) and all Christians should be pointing to Him too.
3. Do blondes have more fun? I don't know, but I've certainly had more people smiling at me since my hair went purple!
4. What is the best diet? Use up more energy than you eat.
5. Is there anybody out there? I'm a SciFi fan - but have to say that the most important person "out there" is God.
6. Who is the most famous person in the world? I don't know how "famous" is judged, but I believe that Jesus is the person who's had the most impact on the world, right down to the fact that we date our history from His birth.
7. What is love? "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us." (1 John 3 v 16)
8. What is the secret to happiness? Peanut butter. (Or Philippians 4 v 12 if you prefer.)
9. Did Tony Soprano die? Dunno - but even if he did, it was probably just a dream someone had in the shower.
10. How long will I live? I don't know, but the Lord does (Psalm 139 v 16), so I try to live for Him and look forward to the day when I will see Him face-to-face.

I'm certain you can come up with some better answers though. Do please add them as comments - I'd find them helpful and I'm sure others will too.

No comments: