Tuesday 3 June 2008

A new identity


Today I got a new computer. A MAC Mini - very yum. The good news is that it came with different software than I've used before - and suddenly I can do exciting things like adding bold or italics to my blogs (my previous machine didn't let me do this for some reason).

But sadly, although my Mini MAC is new to me, it's not really new. One of my colleagues has been using it for months. And (again for a reason I don't fully grasp) we can't change the identity on it. So... every time I log in... instead of logging in as Alison, I now have to log in as Andre!

Hmm... It makes me glad that my identity in Christ isn't so fickle.
'Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.' 2 Corinthians 1 v 21-22

So... I guess I may have to get used to being called 'Andre' - but I'm thrilled that my relationship with God through Christ is certain and sure for all time.

No comments: